With No Age, Dan Deacon, High Places, Matt & Kim, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Fuck Yeah Fest recently went out on their first tour but they've just announced the lineup for the LA festival that they're known for. This year's promises a lot of usual suspects, but perhaps more importantly, it also promises a scavenger hunt.
After the hunt, Polvo will headline a show with Trans Am and The Drones. On the same day (simultaneously), Hit Me Back, Final Fight and Broken Needle open for a “special guest headliner” at The Smell.
Saturday, August 30
No Age, Negative Approach, Matt & Kim, Fucked Up, Two Gallants, Ladyhawk, David Vandervelde, Glass Candy, High Places, Mika Miko, Monotonix, The Strange Boys, Abe Vigoda, David Dondero, Mannequin Men, Best Fwends, Crystal Antlers, Underground Railraod to Candy Land, Nodzzz, War Tapes, Frank Fairfield, Graham Forest
Sunday, August 31
Scavenger hunt begins 2pm at the Echo Park Lake. It will end at a yet to be determined location in Echo Park at 7pm. The hunt is all ages & open to the public. The list for the hunt is made up of 100 items. Each item is worth a certain amount of points. The team with the most points at 7pm wins the grand prize. Teams are made up of two to five people. Each team must have a name. Your team should be like one of the gangs in the movie, the Warriors. Wear matching uniforms, face paint, and make sure to scream a lot.
- Examples of past list items
- Everyone on the team gets cornrows and extended fingernails. Must be real cornrows.
- One Person on the team getting a flat top with their name shaved into the back of their head.
- Life size cut out of Eazy E.
- Gay Porno magazine pre 1987.
- Photograph of team member kissing a stranger on the lips. 50 extra points if they are a senior citizen.