Probably no structure represents the change to Williamsburg better than the Domino Sugar Factory. Built in 1856 and in use until 2004, at one time it refined half of the sugar in America. It then stood vacant until a proposal was approved in 2010 to convert it to residential use. In October of 2014, demolition of the existing site began with completion of the project not expected for ten to fifteen years. In 2007, photographer Nate Dorr took a camera into the compound and returned with these photographs.